What levers of change can the Biden administration use to advance its vision of greater health equity, expanded access to coverage and care, and improved outcomes? What can we expect in 2022 and beyond as the administration pursues its goal of reshaping the health care landscape? In a new webinar from Manatt Health, NYU Law and NYU Wagner, a panel of thought leaders reviews how the Biden administration is working to reimagine our health care system—and looks ahead at how new policies, programs and priorities could impact health care stakeholders. Key topics include:
- Medicaid: Understand how the Biden administration could work with states to expand coverage, improve access to care and address social drivers of health to advance whole-person health.
- Marketplace: Learn how proposed Marketplace rules reflect the priorities and views of the administration and how the proposed policies could impact consumers, providers and plans.
- Medicare: Explore how the Biden administration can continue advancing alternative payment models—and how the administration’s policies could change the growing segment of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage programs.
- Drug Pricing: Review the status of drug pricing legislation in Congress and consider how the administration could make progress on consumer affordability in the absence of legislation.
- Telehealth: Examine how the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Congress and states can learn from the COVID-19 public health emergency and extend telehealth flexibilities more broadly.
- No Surprises Act: Gain insight into the new requirements in the No Surprises Act and the implications of the latest guidance for health plans and providers.
Plus, view these critical issues through a health equity lens—with a focus on the imperative to achieve more just and equitable health care delivery.
The webinar provides a “first look” at some of the key topics that will be covered in the groundbreaking NYU Master of Science in Health Law and Strategy program, created in collaboration with Manatt Health to train the next generation of industry leaders.