MS in Health Law & Strategy
Link to Online Application
Key admissions criteria
To be admitted to the MS in Health Law and Strategy program, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of relevant professional experience. Exceptional candidates with five years of relevant professional experience, including mid- or senior-level management experience, will be considered.
The application to the Master of Science in Health Law & Strategy for Fall 2023 can be found here.
The admissions process is rigorous and selective. We consider applicants holistically based on the qualities they will bring to the MS in Health Law and Strategy program. To begin:
Contact us with any questions. You may reach our admissions representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org and 212.992.6093. Connect with us on LinkedIn.
To start your application, create an account. If you have already created an account, log in using the same name and email address.
As a reminder, applications are due at 11:59pm ET on the day of the deadline. If you have any questions throughout your application process, please email us at email@example.com.
As part of the online application, we will need the following:
- Two essays
- Two letters of recommendation (one personal and one professional)
- College transcripts* (unofficial copies are sufficient during the application process; official documents will be required of admitted students)
- TOEFL or IELTS result (if required)
- Non-refundable application fee of $85
Please upload unofficial transcript copies to the online application portal in PDF format. We can review your application using unofficial transcripts while official transcripts are on the way.
- Official transcript instructions: If your institution has a process for emailing official electronic transcripts (such as services available through eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, or National Student Clearinghouse), please have your institution(s) send it/them directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your institution does not offer a digital transcript service, please submit your official transcripts by post to the following address:
- Wilf Hall (attn: MS in Health Law and Strategy)
139 MacDougal St., Room 615
New York, NY 10012
- Wilf Hall (attn: MS in Health Law and Strategy)
Cost and paying for your education
Invest in your future in Health Law
The MS in Health Law and Strategy program is designed to allow you to work while you earn your degree, so you can put what you learn into practice right away. This unique program positions you for promotions within the health sector, or for the opportunity to change or pursue careers in the health sector.
The Class of 2024 program fee is USD $87,510. This fee includes tuition, registration/service fees, course materials, and official events. Hotel and travel expenses for the residencies are not included.
A non-refundable tuition pre-payment of $1,000 is required to secure a spot in the class and begin the pre-program coursework.
The program fee will be paid in installments of approximately:
- $28,170 for the Fall 2023 semester
- $29,170 for the Spring 2024 semester
- $29,170 for the Summer 2024 semester
Dates are subject to change based on the NYU University Bursar calendar.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
There are no scholarships offered for this program, however most US citizens or permanent residents are eligible for federal student loans. Private student loans are available to US citizens or permanent residents and international students, if eligible.
Applying for Financial Aid
To apply for financial aid, please submit the FAFSA using the code for NYU: 002785 as soon as you start your application. All eligible admitted students will be reviewed for federal financial aid, provided that they complete the most recent FAFSA and submit all necessary items to the NYU Office of Financial Aid.
After completing the FAFSA, students may be eligible for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: The Direct Unsubsidized loan can cover up to $20,500 per academic year.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan: The Graduate PLUS Loan can cover up to the cost of attendance minus any financial aid received.
Need-based application fee waivers may also be available for applicants experiencing financial hardship. Applicants must provide a written statement of financial need, accompanied by documentation of financial status.
Some employers may provide tuition benefits, including tuition reimbursement or loans, to employees seeking a graduate degree. If you think you may be eligible for financial assistance from your employer, reach out to your human resources or employee benefits department.
Yellow Ribbon Program
NYU School of Law is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. Yellow Ribbon is a part of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 and provides education benefits to military veterans who have served on active duty since September 11, 2001. Beginning with the fall 2018 semester, NYU School of Law will contribute the maximum amount in Yellow Ribbon benefits to be matched by the VA for all Yellow Ribbon eligible veterans.
To learn more about the Yellow Ribbon Program, please visit the NYU School of Law website.
For more information about applying for VA benefits, please visit the Veteran Students at NYU Law page.