Hospitals, health systems and providers are targets of cyberattacks, putting valuable patient data and, more importantly, patient lives at risk. The Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Civil Rights reported an average of60 data breaches a month in the health care sector between January 1 and October 31, 2022. According to FBI data, 25% of ransomware attacks in 2022 targeted health care.
We may start to see changes in 2023, however, with regulatory developments to modernize the way in which health data is governed and improvements in public-private partnerships to share data and resources. In a new Manatt webinar—the second in our 2023 privacy series—we will explore the current health care cybersecurity landscape and what lies ahead. Topics will include:
- The unique vulnerability of the health care system
- The threat to and impact on patient safety from cyberattacks
- State and federal regulatory actions to shore up security and protection of valuable patient data
- Efforts underway to improve threat awareness, education and operational infrastructure
- Actions you can take to protect your organization and mitigate risk
View event here