Tuesday, July 18
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. ET
Of the $2.2 billion in False Claims Act (FCA) settlements and judgments that the Department of Justice (DOJ) reported in fiscal year 2022, $1.7 billion related to matters involving the health care industry. That staggering number reflects only federal losses, with the DOJ recovering additional amounts for state Medicaid programs. In a year of tightening scrutiny—including new priorities on pandemic relief programs and cybersecurity violations—entities across the health care spectrum found themselves in the government’s crosshairs.
In a new webinar, Manatt provides an update on key FCA trends and developments, the latest cases and their implications, and actions you can take to protect your organization in an increasingly complex and perilous environment. Manatt’s CLE-eligible program is essential viewing for every health care organization doing business with the government.
Key topics include:
- An overview of the DOJ’s FCA report for fiscal year 2022
- A review of the major Supreme Court cases from the October 2022 term and what they mean for health care organizations
- A look ahead to the October 2023 term and cases to watch, including:
- Whether the circuit’s split on kickbacks will reach the Supreme Court
- What the possible end of Chevron deference could mean for the FCA
- Guidance on best practices for keeping your organization safe under today’s aggressive enforcement conditions
View recording here