How to Apply

To be admitted to the MS in Health Law and Strategy program, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of relevant professional experience. Exceptional candidates with five years of relevant professional experience, including mid- or senior-level management experience, will be considered. 

The MS in Health Law and Strategy program is now accepting applications for our May 2022 cohort, graduating in May 2023. 

The Priority Admissions Deadline is February 1, 2022.

Start Your Application

Admissions Process

The admissions process is rigorous and selective. We consider applicants holistically based on the qualities they will bring to the MS in Health Law and Strategy program. To begin:

Start Your MSHLS Application


Contact us with any questions. You may reach our admissions representatives at and 646.504.3554.


Register and complete the online application.  

As part of the online application, we will need the following:

  • Two essays
  • CV/Resume
  • Two letters of recommendation (one personal and one professional)
  • Official college transcripts*
  • TOEFL or IELTS result (if required)
  • Non-refundable application fee of $85



Submit your application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. The next admissions deadline is February 1, 2022 for a May 2022 start in the program.

*Transcript instructions

Students entering the MS in Health Law and Strategy are required to hold a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a foreign country.

If you submit your application prior to the conferral of your bachelor's degree or equivalent, we will accept and evaluate your application with the understanding that your degree completion is in progress. If an offer of admission is made, it will be contingent upon receiving your degree conferral prior to enrollment.

Transcripts submitted through the online application must meet the following criteria:

  • Unofficial transcripts are required from all colleges or universities attended in which you earned grades and/or academic credits at the college-level, including undergraduate, study abroad, transfer credits, continuing education, etc.
  • Uploaded files must be scanned copies of transcript(s) received from the college/university registrar OR electronic transcripts (such as those available through eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse).
  • Transcripts must show all courses taken, all credits earned, and all grades received.
  • Transcripts must include your full legal name and the name of the college or university attended.
  • Transcripts must be written in English.
  • Word documents and HTML documents are not acceptable.

Transcripts for institutions located outside of the United States

If you received a graduate or undergraduate degree from an institution located outside of the United States, we require that you use a third-party international credential evaluation service to assess U.S. bachelor’s equivalency and obtain a course-by-course evaluation of your grade point average.  In limited cases, NYU Wagner can assist with an international credential evaluation upon request from the student. 

Students who completed degrees in the United States and studied abroad for a semester are exempt from this requirement. Likewise, waivers may be granted for institutions in Canada (or elsewhere) that have grading systems similar to the United States. Please contact for questions or clarification.

Applications should include both unofficial transcript(s) from the degree-granting institution(s) and a copy of your international credential evaluation report from an approved evaluation service.